Full Text Linking
This resource is compliant with the OpenURL standard.
This resource is Z39.50 compliant.
Available upon request.
MARC records are provided for Business and Company Resource Center free of charge.
Use this option to locate company information. This search form guides the user through multiple search options, including company name, ticker symbol, industry (SIC and/or NAICS), product/brand name, or description, city or state.
Use this option to search for industry information. This search form guides users through multiple search options, including SIC and/or NAICS code searching and industry description, or browse the industry hierarchy.
Use this option to locate business news, journals and press releases. This search form guides the user through various search options, including Subject Guide, Keyword, and Full text. Limit options include Journal Date, Full Text, Peer reviewed, Newspapers and Newswires or Magazines and Journals.
Use this option to search for information found within specific sources throughout the Resource Center. Users may select content areas and search by specific fields.
Further details can be found at http://www.gale.cengage.com/pdf/searchtip/bcrc_tips.pdf
Post Search Options
Email option offered, Saved Searches offered by Infomark/Bookmark and export into Endnote offered for this resource.
Usage statistics are available for Business and Company Resource Center and are COUNTER compliant.
Authentication is via the the UK Access Management Federation, Athens, and IP address range.
Gale is committed to addressing the following Access Board standards under Section 508 of the US Rehabilitation Act, along with the functional and informational standards set out by the Access Board (36 C.F.R. §§ 1194.31 - 1194.32):
- a text equivalent for every non-text element is provided (e.g., via an "alt" tag or in element content). 36 CFR § 1194.22(a). Note: Because of the processes we use to aggregate such large volumes of data, we have been unable to hand code highly specific alt text for each image. Meaningful alt text has been added to all elements of the interface. Descriptive titles and/or captions are already available for the images in some products, and more generic alt text is used in the cases where data must be updated via batch processing. As products come up for release and renewal, issues regarding the addition of more meaningful TITLE and ALT tags to content will be addressed.
- web pages are designed so that all information conveyed with color is also available without color, for example from context or markup. 36 § 1194.22(c). Users can understand/navigate products without the ability to identify a color or differentiate between certain colors
- documents are organised so they are readable without requiring a style sheet 36 C.F.R. § 1194.22(d)
- Gale rarely uses image maps. WAI guidelines will be followed if the need arises. 36 C.F.R. § 1194(e) and (f)
- Gale products do not use frames. 36 C.F.R. § 1194(i). If frames are required in the future, they will be titled with text to facilitate frame identification and navigation.
- pages are designed to avoid causing the screen to flicker with a frequency greater than 2 Hz and lower than 55 Hz. 36 C.F.R. § 1194(j)
- electronic forms are designed to be completed online, allowing people using assistive technology to access the information, field elements and functionality required for completion and submission of the form, including directions and cues. 36 C.F.R. § 1194(n)
- when a timed response is required, the user shall be alerted and given sufficient time to indicate more time is required. 36 C.F.R. § 1194.22(p)