Since 2002 EMBASE has had a cover-to-cover policy: all articles (apart from book reviews and obituaries) are covered.
Before 2002 this policy applied to most titles (>90%), but some were covered selectively for drugs information only.
- US / Canada: 31%
- Europe: 54%
- Australasia: 10%
- Rest of World: 5%
Gap Fill Policy
Gaps due to missing issues are actively filled: missing issues are claimed from journals publishers and added to the database as soon as they are received.
Not filled are:
- gaps due to journals not being covered from vol 1 iss 1.
- gaps that occur for a few journals which were not covered during a certain period of their existence.
We do not aim to cover all journals back to vol 1 iss 1.
For many journals, coverage was begun when they had already been in existence for some years. In such cases the back years are not indexed.
Full Text Linking
Embase.com currently delivers full text links to ScienceDirect, Karger Online Journals and Springer-Link. Articles from more than 100 additional publishers are available through CrossRef. Further links are offered through 'Ingenta Select'.
Users can select search options that best matches their requirements; they can choose from: search forms, quick search, advanced search, field search, drug search, disease search and article search.
It is also possible to conduct mapped searches in Emtree on synonyms and preferred terms simultaneously.
Post Search Options
- export: users can download search results with EndNote, ProCite & Reference Manager or as plain text (ASCII)
- email: results can be sent by e-mail to up to an unlimited amount of email addresses. (Citations only, Citations and Abstracts, Short Records or Full Records)
- users can save searches, re-run searches, save to Clipboard or set-up an e-mail alert
Usage statistics will be provided by email on a monthly basis in html/excel format. The statistics are not COUNTER compliant.
Access is via Athens, IP address range, and username and password.