Major areas of coverage include:
- Culture and social structure
- Demography and human biology
- Economic development
- Environmental interactions
- Evaluation research
- Family and social welfare
- Health and medicine and law
- History and theory of sociology
- Management and complex organizations
- Mass phenomena and political interactions
- Methodology and research technology
- Policy, planning, forecast and speculation
- Radical sociology
- Religion and science
- Rural and urban sociology
- Social development
- Social differentiation
- Social psychology and group interaction
- Sociology of the arts, business, education
- Studies in violence and power
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Welfare services
- Women's studies
Gap Fill Policy
Missing issues - we do our best to acquire the information, either by purchase, or via the publisher's website. We don't have the resources to visit libraries to complete runs of journals. We also prioritise recent gaps, so a gap in cover in the last five years would be more likely to be filled than a gap further back, and obviously a large gap is harder (costs more) to fill than a small one.
We don't normally go back and cover retrospectively as we don't want to take resources away from current content creation and we prioritise new titles being published now. An exception would be where we were taking on a new title with less than 5 years backfile.
Keywords and Indexes
Completely interactive thesaurus
Cited references from core journals from 2002 forward; cited references from all other journals from 2004 forward
Where possible, references are linked to abstract records that provide a more complete bibliographic description than the reference alone. Also where possible, references are linked to other items citing the same reference. The "Cited by x" hyperlink retrieves and displays these other items.
Cited references may also be accessed using the References link from the shortened record view.
Cited Reference Linking Across Databases
Subscribers to certain databases that include cited references see added benefit from links to other databases.
Full Text Linking
- Link to Holdings (catalogues)
- Fulltext linking - to either full aggregator packages or individual journal titles
- Document Delivery Services
- Inter library loan forms
- Journal management systems